Sunday, February 20, 2011

"I LOVE eating glue!"

It's official, I've survived my first Valentine's day as a teacher!  And actually, I absolutely loved it.  Any chance I get to be crafty I'm pretty pumped.  This was my first experience with Valentine's cans (decorated at home and brought to school for Valentine cards) and it was super fun.
All the students got one of these and had to create something out of it:

My materials of choice (Conor helped!)








All done!



The kiddos were pret-ty thrilled to see Mrs. Larkin's flower pot.  Some wanted to take the butterfly home and others wanted to know where they could buy their own glitter spray (not sure their parents would appreciate them having that!) but my favorite response was:
Student:  "Yum, gummy worms! Can I eat one?"
Me: "No, I don't think so because they're covered in glue."
Student: "That's alright, I LOVE eating glue!"
            :)

In the 2nd grade world...

I snapped a few pics of some of the cutest creations I've ever seen!  Please enjoy!








I love my second graders!!


The past few days we've been spending a lot of time with this guy:

Taken at a Whitworth basketball game

And we've been spending some sweaty hours doing this:

Playing with Andrew's new Xbox Kinect


That's it for me!  But before I go I want to share one amazing picture with you that is sure to make your day just that much brighter!

Cutest little puppy we have EVER seen!  
p.s.  it's a Chow Chow

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your blog!!! Thanks for keeping me posted with your wit and pics. I miss you guys like crazy and can't wait to hug you again soon! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete