Wednesday, July 13, 2011

4th of July Part IV

Part IV

Bike ride!

My Dad surprised us by loading up his and mom's bikes into the truck so we could go on a bike ride!  We had been wanting to ride the Interurban Trail in Bellingham so that's what we did!  The weather was perfect.  I don't know how we got so lucky with the weather while we were home!


We parked at the trailhead in Fairhaven and rode until we were too hot 

Fun Fact: Conor was the one who taught me how to ride no-handed :)



This was my "since when is it this hot in western Washington?" face.

To cool off Conor and I walked Boulevard with Woods Coffee in mind.  While we were walking the boardwalk two lovely ladies caught our attention: Whitworth friends!  The timing couldn't have been more perfect.  I still can't believe we ran into Becky and Tanya!

It was great to catch up! {Note the drinks they have in hand.  Great minds think alike!}

Conor watched as this sailboat tipped over!  Then we watched as the person who was in the boat and some friendly people in a nearby boat flipped it back over.

A raccoon ran out right next to us!

Two babies ran out right after and together they scurried for the safety of the bushes.


Motorcycle Ride!

Dad and I went for a motorcycle ride and Conor and Mom followed behind us in the convertible!  I love riding and miss it when I'm in Spokane!






Partway through our ride my dad pulled over to the side of the road and said we were going to switch bikes!  My Dad's Pacific Coast is such a great bike and I loved riding it!

When we got back home Conor got on the cx500 and we went on a ride together!  It was our first motorcycle ride together and it was so great!! :)

And that concludes the recap of our week back home!  It was such a great mini-vacation and I'm so glad we got to spend that time with family and friends.  We grew up in a pretty spectacular place.

No comments:

Post a Comment